The previous version 2.0 of Insomnia was a Chrome application, installed via the Chrome Web Store. Due to certain limitations of Chrome Apps, Insomnia 4.0 is now a standalone desktop app and is supported on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Step 1 – Install Insomnia 4.0
Download a copy of Insomnia 4.0 for your platform. Once downloaded, double click the file to launch the installer (Mac and Windows).
Step 2 – Export Data from Insomnia 2.0
- Open Insomnia 2.0 (Chrome App)
- Open the settings dialog by clicking the dropdown in the top left
- Click the Export button
- Save the export file to your computer
Note: If you have multiple workspaces, you will need to export them each individually.
Step 3 – Import Data into Insomnia 4.0
- Open Insomnia 4.0
- Open the import dialog by clicking the dropdown menu in the top left
- Select the file that you saved in the previous step
Enjoy the App!