I’ve gotten a few emails recently asking of ways to contribute to Insomnia, so I put together this document to help answer that.
Insomnia is built by me, Gregory Schier. Being a one-person team means that I often don’t have time to focus on important things like promotion, user research, or marketing. Here are few things that you can do to help fill those gaps.
Help Increase the User Base
Currently, Insomnia has less than 1000 daily active users. That is a pretty small number so almost anything you do will have an impact. Here are a few examples.
- write a blog post about Insomnia
- share Insomnia on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+)
- tell your co-workers
- buy a sticker
Submit Negative Feedback
Negative feedback is surprisingly hard to get from users. Positive feedback provides a great ego boost but, unfortunately, isn’t useful most of the time. So what kind of feedback is useful? If you submit answers questions like these, that would be great.
- what do you spend the most time doing?
- what frustrates you the most?
- was there anything that wasn’t obvious to you?
- if you wouldn’t pay $10/month for Insomnia, why?
Please send any and all feedback to [email protected].
Show Me How You Use Insomnia
Watching people use Insomnia helps to identify pain points in different workflows. Here are a few things you can do to demonstrate your use cases.
- submit a short (or long) screencast
- write an email explaining your use cases
- tell me what features you use the most